Whats the best excuse to get out of a cell phone contract?

Q. I have a cell phone contract with cingular and about 6 months left, I hate my phone and really want a new one.

A. If you have to make up an excuse to get out of contract then obviously you shouldn't have signed a contract. Not liking your phone is a terrible excuse and it's pretty unfair for the phone companies to absorb your phone cost w/o you paying for the consequence.

On the other hand... sometimes you may have been suckered into buying something that is not or service quality issues were not as advertised then these may be options depending on who you talk to when cancelling.

1) moving to a region that lacks covereage (this is harder to convince since most companies "share" their covereage to eliminate roaming fees)

2) moving out of country because of job (ie military, overseas contractors, etc)

3) Bankruptcy

4) Death

Take into account that these people are trained to retain you as much as possible so you have to be persistent! However don't try to cheat the companies....

Anyway... good luck!

-kabs

How to discontinue cell phone contract?
Q. I am wanting to discontinue my cell phone contract with Verizon because it's gotten to be way to expensive to up keep. I have been doing research online on ways to get out of a contract but would like to hear from someone that has used a particular technique with success. Thanks.

A. My suggestion would be to see just how far you can downgrade. Usually a company will let you change your plan if you see you just don't need as much as you bought. Verizon advertises their lowest plan at $40 but most companies have an "emergency only" rate.

The only other way is to find "significant breach of contract" in some way (i.e. they promised coverage in your area and never delivered) or to simply pay the cancellation fee.

Cell phone contract Never actually signed - Can the company still hold me responsible?
Q. Hey,

My friend is a cell phone dealer, and he provided me with a new Cell phone contract which I never signed. Now I am having trouble with my cell phone carrier about unknown charges, that was originally added on the contract without my consent, and which they refuse to adjust. Is there a way to void the contract, without being held responsible for it? or is there a better way to dispute these charges with a third party?

A. I would find it hard to believe they could hold you responsible with nothing in writing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments