Listening to music on my Juke cell phone on an air plane?

Q. I know cell phones can cause some sort of mess up with satellites if you use them on planes or something but what I am wondering is if I can listen to music on my Samsung Juke while I'm on the plane. My friend's phone has an "airplane mode" but I checked mine and it didn't have it. Will it be safe to use?

A. no, you can not that is apart of the phone and you are not able to keep the phones on on the plane the p ilot can not take off until everyones cell phones are off. No one can sneak it because they can detect the phones and the flight attendants will remove you from from the aircraft until you refuse to turn your cell phones up. I w ould advise to bring an Ipod these can't be on during takeoff or landing, but can be turned on during flight. An Ipod is more easier to handle and they will let you use it so that you can entertain yourself.
- have a good flight

can a cell phone signal crash a plane?
Q. is it possible for a cell phone signal to interfer with a planes controls and there for crash the plane?
I would acctually have to say that yea it can because i was watching that mythbusters episode and the plane official said that it would be vertually impossible to test every model because a new one comes out like every day and they use diff technology so they would rather be safe than sorry.(i found the episode online a few minitus ago and this is what i found out.)thank you for all of your resposnes!

A. The odds are so slim for that happening, it's pretty much a no. However, there is a slim possibility if an aircraft were on an approach in bad weather and were to get erroneous instrument indications and fly off course very close to the ground.

Cell phones have the POTENTIAL to interfere with navigation/communication systems as they operate on a close frequency/wavelength. Phones transmitting near the 1700 Mhz range were found to have caused these incident on aircraft:

· Slaved Compass froze or overshot actual magnetic bearing
· Needles on instruments (engine/aircraft & nav) appeared unstable
· Digital VOR bearing display showed errors of 5 degrees
· VOR to/From indicator reading was reversed
. VOR & ILS course indicator errors with & without a failure flag
· Sensitivity of the localizer was reduced
· Background noise in the audio system
· False warnings of unsafe conditions such as smoke alarms in the baggage compartments

Here are some interesting links on the subject-
Effects of cellular phones on aircraft avionic equipment":
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/capap2003_03.pdf

http://www.cs.ccsu.edu/~pelletie/local/news/telecom/Cell_phones_on_planes.html

Personally, I have only experienced the background noise in my headset. Happens several times a week. (Especially, if I forget to turn off my own phone!!)

Can you bring a cell phone on an airplane to play games?
Q. I am flying tomorrow, and I was wondering if I can bring my cell phone on the plane to play games with. Thanks!

A. yes, just make sure that you shut it off and disable the transmission before you shut it off, when the flight attendent says its ok, then go a head and turn it back on. if the trasmite mode is on, it will interfier with the aircraft's communication and navigational systems.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments