If I make a restricted call on my cell phone- can my number be tracked down?

Q. My friend prank calls various places doing *67 on his cell phone. I tell him it can be tracked and to stop. If someone got angry- and the caller ID was restricted- can the number(I know the location can) be tracked down?
Thanks, that'll show him!

A. Of Course. You can block caller id but you can't block ANI (Automatic Number Identification). The phone company uses ANI to bill its costumers. Other companys such as Pizza companys, 911, the police, operators have computers that display ANI information. ANI information conisist of your phone number, name, location, subscriber's address, if you blocked caller id, what type of phone it is coming from ie cell, land line, pay phone, the phone company. The telco keeps these records FOREVER! So if anybody calls them the teleco can look up their ANI information and tell it was you. Some place that I mentioned before don't even need to call the teleco but their computers AUTOMATICLY display the information. Remember: NO MATTER WHAT YOU CAN BE TRACED. EVEN BY PAY PHONE BELIVE IT OR NOT, but I won't get into that.

Why is it hard to give up services like Cable Tv and a Cell phone after?
Q. You've had them? I could save about $100 a month if I got rid of both or at least $67 if I dropped cable. I went through a period while saving money where I had no cable or cell phone, but now after I got what I wanted at that time, but now want to start to save again, it's hard to give up the convenience that you get from cable tv and having a cell phone.

A. some people get addicted and are used to always texting on phones as for me. I have my addictions but I don't even own a phone and I could go without cable. I don't have a car because I live in town and I save easily 180$ a month

What do I dial on my home phone to keep my number private when calling an AT&T cell phone out of my area code?
Q. I tried *67 and I tried *67-1-XXX-XXX-XXXX . The *67 only seems to work with people in my area code. What do I dial on my home phone to keep my number private when calling an AT&T cell phone out of my area code?

A. *67 will work to block the delivery of your caller ID information to all domestically dialed calls that do not use ANI to obtain caller information. it may or may not work for all international calls..

if you are calling a toll free number (800/866/877/888/855) then blocking your caller ID will not work.
if you are calling 911 (or any other N11 code) then it will not work.

if you are calling a cell phone with a blocked caller ID, the person that you are calling can use a service like http://trapcall.com to get your phone number..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments