Do you have to pay to unclock cell phones?

Q. I was told that you can have cell phones unlocked for free if you call your carrier. Now I'm no longer with T-mobile and I have a Motorola V360 that I want to unlock. I searched online and the prices vary from 14.99 to 39. Can I still call T-mobile to ask them to unlock or do I have to pay to have it unlocked? Are those unlocking services reliable? Any recommendations? Thanks!
I already left T-mobile 4 months ago... can I still call them to unlock?

A. What carrier(s) are you thinking about going to? The truth is the Internet phone unlockers are reliable but sometimes mistakes happen, so if you decide to use one of those phone unlocking sites make sure to read the terms and agreements and also make sure that they have customer service (phone or email services) to contact if something wrong did happen.

What is a good sight to get unlocked Cell Phones?
Q. Whats some good sights to get At&t cell phones or unlocked cellphones? I want to pay next to nothing if at all possible and i want one that doesnt require the 2 year agreement deal.

A. Check out Amazon. Don't go to eBay... it's too sketchy.

Can I unlock a prepaid cell phone to use with my existing cell phone service?
Q. I currently have cell phone service (not prepaid) and would like to upgrade to a different phone; I live outside of the US and it is somewhat of a hassle to upgrade to a new phone. I was wandering if it is possible to purchase a prepaid cell phone, unlock it and use it with my current sim card and monthly service?

Thanks for your help!

A. I have given this question a star, and I hope someone will tell you how to do this. I know it can be done, but can phone user do it, is another question. I have heard this is called cloning and is not legal, but I don't know.

Good Luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments