does keeping your cell phone in your pocket contribute to testicular cancer?

Q. my dad keeps telling me to keep my cell phone out of my pocket because he thinks the radiation from the phone will rub up on my balls or somethin'. any truth to this?

A. no hes just giving you a hard time for having a cell. There is not even radiation given off by a cell phone its electricity. and even if there was it would be too weak to cause any damage.

Is it really possible for quarters to cause testicular and ovarian cancer?
Q. I just saw this, is it true? "Studies as early as November 3rd of 2010 have suggested that the Cupric Oxide that forms on the surface of copper coins over time could be a leading cause of testicular cancer in men." I don't know, I've handled a lot of money and am just curious!

A. Since 1965 U.S. quarters are 92% copper and 8% nickel.
Before 1965 they were 90% silver.
It is possible that a few malignancies are related to copper - very few.
We get excited about dietary sweeteners, cell phones next to our heads,
tanning beds and sunlight, lap top computers too close to our
testicles/ovaries, and now we should worry about touching quarters?
My point is that we fret about the minutia and miss the rhinoceros in
the room - cigarettes - the cause of more that 31% of all cancer deaths
and clearly the greatest environmental risk for many types of cancer.
How many millions of people handle U.S. quarters and how many people
develop a testicular cancer. About 8000 testicular cancers in the USA
each year with 380 deaths vs 220,000 lung cancers and 160,000 deaths.
Cigarettes are 400 times more likely to cause a cancer death than a testicular
cancer which may or may not be related to excess copper exposure.
We seem overly concerned about minor possible causes when the worst cause
no longer seems mentioned - not enough to suit me anyway.
I hated losing good people to the many types of smoking related cancer which
are the most difficult types of cancer to treat successfully.
I'll wring my hands and worry about handling quarters when everyone stops
causing their own cancers by smoking cigarettes one after another for decades..

Has there been a real increase in the amount of brain cancer?
Q. I can think of 4 people I've known who either have it, or have already died of it, plus several famous people seem to have had it as well. Is there an actual statistical uptick in the amount of brain cancer? Part B--some people say that IF there is an uptick, it might be due to cell phone use. While I accept that as a possible explanation, could it also be possible that dental X rays might have caused some brain cancers, too?

A. Well, i am 80 years old, and in my time i have heard every mortal thing given as the cause of cancers, but very very few are ever proved to be right.After the atom bomb tests that was to blame,so was SPUTNIK then luminous watches, the list goes on, and still we have no definitive reason.Lung cancer is put down to smoking,OK but what about the rest,...breast, testicular,liver, bowel and so on. My personal view is we must be ingesting some thing that our body does not like.I do hope its not chocolate cause i love it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments