How to get out of cell phone Contract?

Q. Hello i have a cell phone contract with ATT cingular and ive got about a year and a month left and i want to switch services to boost mobile. I am 18 years old and i am on a family contract with my family and i want to switch. Is there a way i can do this without them trying to charge me like a 100 dollar or more fee?

A. go to trademycell.com
or celltrade.com
there are options for trading your cell phone/and or service with someone looking to pick up a contract.

How to discontinue cell phone contract?
Q. I am wanting to discontinue my cell phone contract with Verizon because it's gotten to be way to expensive to up keep. I have been doing research online on ways to get out of a contract but would like to hear from someone that has used a particular technique with success. Thanks.

A. My suggestion would be to see just how far you can downgrade. Usually a company will let you change your plan if you see you just don't need as much as you bought. Verizon advertises their lowest plan at $40 but most companies have an "emergency only" rate.

The only other way is to find "significant breach of contract" in some way (i.e. they promised coverage in your area and never delivered) or to simply pay the cancellation fee.

Do you need a credit approved to get a cell phone contract at Verizon?
Q. I have a cell phone contract with my parents but I want a smartphone and Verizon doesn't have any good basic phones. So they told me if I want a smartphone I have to pay for it myself each month. So does anyone know if verizon does credit checks.

A. yes u need good credit.
with bad or no credit you will need a $500 deposit




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments