Is it okay to talk on a cell phone when you have just boarded a plane but before it takes off?

Q. My sister has a loud voice and was talking on her cell phone on the plane -- people, including the flight attendant, were looking at her rudely. I've also seen many people get on their cell phone the minute the plane lands. Is it proper etiquette to talk at all on your cell phone on a plane or is there acceptable times?

A. Yes, you are permitted to use your cell phone for conversation, photography, etc. on the aircraft up until the flight attendant announces that the aircraft doors are closing and all cell phones and other electronic equipment that uses radio frequencies must be turned completely off and stowed for the duration of the flight. After the plane comes to a landing, they will announce when it's OK to use your cell phones again.

Usually if a passenger tries to use his cell phone during the flight, the flight attendants will first warn him to shut off and stow the phone. If they're not obeyed, they get tough, including confiscating the phone for the duration. There have even been cases where the flight captain has come back and informed the passenger that continued use of their phone will result in police arrest as soon as the plane lands. That generally shuts them up.

Some attempts have been made to get this rule changed, but so far without success. There are too many types of aircraft and too many kinds of cell phones, for it to be safe to allow their use during flight.

Recently I was running late, and my ride had to dump me off at the terminal entrance. I just barely made my flight. As soon as I took my seat, I went to call her to let her know I was safely aboard, but just then the announcement came to turn off all cell phones. Oh, well ... I called as soon as the plane landed at a connecting airport.

Now, the "Cell Yell" is another issue. Some people just can't believe that their tiny cell phone can pick up conversation at a normal level. Other people have naturally carrying voices. We have all experienced the loud conversations from nearby cell-phone users that make it difficult to hear yourself think!

There always seem to be a dozen or more people who think it's important to tell someone that their plane has just landed. Maybe that person is supposed to be picking them up at the airport, and the passenger wants to be sure that arrangement is in place. You might as well be patient â soon you won't have to listen to those people ever again.

Can I take my cell phone on the plane now?
Q. I recently heard a rumor that TSA is no longe allowing cell phones or laptops on the plane. I am flying on monday, is this true? Also, anyother new policies I should be aware of. I haven't flown since April.

A. To my knowledge cell phones are permitted and computer are still permitted on airplanes. Unless of course they are liquid then they are not.

As of tonight the least info from TSA and Homeland Security is that all pastes and liquids are not permitted on carry on luggage. There are exceptions, baby formula, and medications with the ticket holders name on it, and insulin but no more heroine or crack pills.

If you have any further questions check www.tsa.org, or www.homelandsecurity.gov

can you buy 3 cell phones for a family and buy a plan later?
Q. i've been looking on EVERY dependable website for 3 cell phones and planes for my family. i find the cell phone but never a good plan. can i just buy the cell phones then buy the plan? what's the best, cheapest, way to get the plan with the cell phones?

A. you won't find one. all the mobile phone companies are cons, and theres no point in buying phones with no plans, cause then your not using the phone.

buy phones off koodo, and you can make your own individual plans with them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular Posts